Thursday, May 17

Happiness


Happiness

Happiness is emotional
simple in its beginnings
endorphins fill my brain
muscles relax
others tense
pulling at the corners of my mouth
sounds escape my lips
as childish giggles.

Happiness is addictive
good times amplified
one beaming smile
spreading across many faces
we feel giddy
makes us fall in love
it makes the world go round
it’s better when shared.

Happiness is temporary
we’d like it to last forever
still, it leaves us
without warning
but when we least expect it
someone smiles
and it reminds us
that it’s just around the corner.

© Rebecca Sanchez 2018

Happiness never lasts but that doesn’t mean we’ll never be happy again. We never know what will make us smile. Open up and be receptive to happiness in any form. How are you doing? Have a great day!

Want to read more of my poetry? Capricious Poet.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Bekkie's Wonderland has been around for decades now, it used to be at MySpace until I moved it to Blogger. I've covered a plethora of subjects but due to its longevity and changes in the internet it's age is showing (as is mine.) I hope you will enjoy as I gently bring it up to date moving towards the uncertain future.